I am an Enterprise Architect with a global publishing company, working out of their office in the St. Louis Metro Area. Previous employers in my 12+ year career include Monsanto, where I was part of their Enterprise Architecture team, MomentumSI, where I was a Principal Enterprise Architect, helping organizations with SOA Strategy, Architecture, Infrastructure, etc.; A.G. Edwards (now Wachovia Securities) in St. Louis, starting out as part of their Java Mentoring team and finishing as part of their Enterprise Architecture team with responsibilities for SOA and Integration technologies; and Lawrence Livermore National Lab where I was a computer scientist as part of the National Atmosphere Release Advisory Center. Besides SOA, my technology interests include management technologies, human computer interaction, and usability.
When I’m not thinking about SOA, I spend time with my family, sing every sunday at church, record a podcast for the same church, watch the weather, follow the St. Louis Cardinals/Rams/Blues and my alma mater, the University of Illinois Fighting Illini.
Feel free to drop me an email if you’ve got questions. My email shouldn’t be too hard to figure out from the domain of this blog.
- Lip Service by Bob Rhubart, Oracle Magazine, May/June 2010.
- SOA Means Coming Together by Bob Rhubart, Oracle Magazine, November 2009.
- Teaming Up For SOA by Phil Windley, InfoWorld, March 2007.
- Governing SOA by Phil Windley, InfoWorld, January 2006.
- Oracle Arch2Arch: Communicating Enterprise Architecture, January 2010.
- Oracle Arch2Arch: SOA Governance, April 2009.
- Briefings Direct Analyst Insights: SOA Governance, November 2008.
- InfoWorld RealWorld SOA, November 2008.
- SOA Insights: RIA, Silverlight, and Enterprise 2.0, September 2007.
- SOA Insights: SOA Appliances, BPEL4People, and GPL v3, August 2007.
- SOA Insights: Future of SOA, Recorded at The Open Group EA Practitioner’s Conference, July 2007.
- SOA Insights: Web 3.0, Semantics, and UDDI, July 2007.
- SOA Insights: Software AG/WebMethods, Wikis for SOA Governance, SOA Hype, July 2007.
- IT Conversations Technometria: SOA Governance with Ed Vazquez, Phil Windley, and Scott Lemon, March 2007.
- ZapForum: Taking a Product Management Approach to Services, June 2006.
- Panelist, Oracle OpenWorld, “SOA Governance for Architects,” October 2009.
- Panelist, Gartner Enterprise Architecture Summit, “EA and SOA,” December 2008.
- Presenter, SOA Consortium Meeting, “SOA Governance,” September 2008
- Panelist, Gartner Enterprise Architecture Summit, “EA and SOA,” June 2008.
- Panelist, Gartner Application Architecture, Development, and Integration Summit, “Measuring the Value of SOA,” June 2008.
- Panelist, Gartner Enterprise Architecture Summit, “EA and SOA,” December 2007.
- Panelist, Gartner Application Architecture, Development, and Integration Summit, “Funding SOA,” December 2007.
- Panelist, The Open Group EA Practitioner’s Conference, Future of SOA, July 2007.
- MomentumSI/IBM DataPower Webinar: Power of Policy-Driven Infrastructure, July 2007.
- MomentumSI Webinar: Successful SOA Pilots, February 2007.
- Burton Group Catalyst Presentation: Convergence of SOA Infrastructure, June 2006.
- Panelist, InfoWorld SOA Executive Forum, SOA Governance, March 2006.
- IQPC: Practical Steps to Successful SOA, October 2005.
Here are places in the US that I’ve visited. My criteria for “visited” typically means that I’ve spent a night in a hotel in a city in that state and done at least a little bit of exploring. I’ve driven through a few more of these states, had stopovers in airports, etc. but that doesn’t really count.
create your own personalized map of the USA
or write about it on the open travel guide